2. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, episodes 8-13 (Good) - I suppose this show qualifies as something that was a pleasant surprise for me this season. I thought that this series was just going to be about girls doing comedy aimed at otaku, but it also has genuinely heartwarming dramatic moments. This characteristic was especially highlighted in its last three episodes.
3. Fuuka, episodes 10-12 (Decent) - For two or three episodes in the second half there were moments when this show seemed to be going in a direction I did not like, but the last two episodes were able to direct and conclude the story in a way pleasing to me. And I do realize that this is not a good anime, but I had a good time with most of it.
4. Scum's Wish, episodes 8-12 (Good) - Things were getting darker and darker for the main characters of this dark and thought-provoking teen drama. But in the last third of this series the characters are redeemed, and the show ends with a sad and uplifting message about maturing. I did not always enjoy Scum's Wish, but it is a worthy experience.
5. March Comes in Like a Lion, episodes 20-22 (Good) - At the midpoint this show still had a chance to improve by diminishing the unfunny comedy and focusing more on poignant drama, which the show can do very well when it wants. Instead the status quo was maintained, but a strong last episode and the confirmation of a second season gives me some hope.
6. Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Impure King Arc, episodes 9-12 (Good) - I really liked how this new season of Blue Exorcist began, and although good quality was held throughout, my excitement started to diminish in its second half. This was a solid season that kept showing great potential for this franchise, but unfortunately we might not see more anime content.
7. Twin Stars Exorcists, episodes 46-50 (So-so) - This series ends in a satisfying but predictable and kind of cheesy way. I am glad this mediocre show, who I foolishly followed for a year, is over. It is certainly not the worst anime I have ever watched, but I wish it had been a two cours show aimed at otaku and made by a more capable animation studio.