2. Owarimonogatari, episodes 1-5 (Good) - After a shaky first episode Owarimonogatari is more compelling to me than I anticipated. In reality I did not have much expectations because I thought this arc occurred after the mediocre Tsukimonogatari, but Owarimonogatari actually occurs in the middle of the strong Second Season. For now I am invested in the characters and having fun.
3. The Perfect Insider, episodes 1-4 (Good) - This show is arguably the most unique anime from this year. The premise is unusual, and the visuals are distinctive. But for some reason after four episodes I am not really enjoying this show as much as I think I should. I am certainly intrigued, but perhaps the single, big mystery format and slow pace are not working that well for me.
4. Beautiful Bones, episodes 1-4 (Decent) - After its first four episodes this visually attractive show is somewhat struggling to establish its identity. I am not a big fan of finding and solving little mysteries, but I can tolerate them as long as the overarching narrative hinted at in the OP comes to fruition by the series' mid-point. I am not unhappy with this anime, but I want it to get better.
5. Seraph of the End, episodes 13-16 (Good) - This second part started with plenty of emotions and camaraderie from the main quintet, but the story also began to make meaningful inroads into where it might ultimately go. I have been very pleased by how these four episodes have been handled and look forward to seeing more good stuff.
6. Comet Lucifer, episodes 1-4 (So-so) - After a promising first episode, the story stagnated. Its best elements are the likable main trio and the colorful and somewhat mysterious setting, which I continue to see potential in it. At the end of episode four the plot seems to have finally kicked in, but I am not convinced that the story can improve that much.
7. One-Punch Man, episodes 1-4 (Good) - This is a creative and witty show with high production values.
But after four episodes it is not showing many signs of an actual narrative, and the main characters are too one dimensional. Thus, without strong narrative and characterization writing, this series cannot be truly special in my eyes.