2. New Game!, episodes 9-12 (Good) - This is without a doubt my pleasant surprise of this season. I came into this show expecting another dumb, otaku-pandering show, but instead I got a feel good slice of life series with very likable characters. New Game! is by no means a masterpiece, but I pretty much enjoyed every single episode.
3. Amanchu!, episodes 9-12 (Good) - I watched the first season of Aria, which is a solid show, but it was too slow and kind of boring to me. That is why I was surprised by how much I liked and enjoyed the first episodes of Amanchu! This anime might not have a lasting impression on me (on big part because of its weak middle episodes), but it was a nice experience.
4. This Art Club Has a Problem!, episodes 9-12 (Decent) - Another surprising title that I liked more than I initially expected. It also has some inconsistent and low energy episodes, but it was a solid show when the execution was high. I will probably never revisit this title, but it is highly recommendable for comedy and moe fans.
5. Mob Psycho 100, episodes 9-12 (Good) - This is another under the radar show that I ended up liking. I think this anime works on two different levels. On the one hand it is a solid slice of life show with compelling characters. And the show also works as an action/adventure show that has a much larger and potentially interesting narrative.
6. Alderamin on the Sky, episodes 9-12 (Decent) - The first episode of this show had flaws, but it seemed to have potential for something cool. Unfortunately the writing in the next episodes undermined that potential. Fortunately the last arc and a solid conclusion that promises to deliver on that cool premise, more or less saved this show. But...will there be more anime made?
7. Orange, episodes 10-13 (Good) - Before this season started I considered this series my hope from the new crop of titles that seemed uninteresting to me. But almost from the get go Orange started struggling with a stale narrative and uninteresting characters. I lost interest in this anime by episode 8, but I must admit that the conclusion righted some wrongs.
8. Twin Star Exorcists, episodes 21-25 (So-so) - This stretch and the the second cour in general have included the best stuff from this series. For me it has been a delight to see the charming leads grow up together. I plan to keep following this anime, and hopefully the quality of the second cour will be sustained by the rest of the show.
9. Taboo Tattoo, episodes 9-12 (Not really good) - Initially I was very excited about this mediocre and bombastic show. But after its first third all the absurdity and gratuitous violence and sexuality turned into nonsensical lethargy. This series was never going to be good, but it was at least entertaining and very high octane at the start.
10. Active Raid Second, episodes 9-12 (Not really good) - This series is a continuation of the first season of Active Raid, but its first 7-8 episodes were mostly spent in stuff that had little connection to the story from its mediocre but fun predecessor. The last episodes returned to the story and antics from the first season, but it was kind of late by then.