2. Kiznaiver, episodes 5-8 (Good) - Things have definitely gone up a notch or two as the main characters are starting to get more developed, and the story is slowly starting to take shape. Things are definitely solid and stable, but some weaknesses, that could derail the show, are still present. I cautiously look forward to the conclusion of this weird show.
3. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, episodes 4-7 (Very good) - This show was already a good and exciting action show, but in these episodes it is beginning to show that the writing can be quite competent and even nuanced. The direction and production values continue to be superb, both in scenes of high adrenaline and in calm, contemplative scenes. I am impressed and pleased by Kabaneri.
4. Re:Zero, episodes 5-9 (Good) - The somewhat refreshing premise of this anime continues to work. The series is starting to build up its story and characters by making a good use of its premise and mystery nature. The direction, production values and writing have also solidified. There are still two thirds to go, but so far things have gone smooth.
5. Twin Star Exorcists, episodes 5-8 (So-so) - This show continues to be cliched but generally consistent. The show was nonchalantly doing its thing, when episode 8 showed up, and it threw a wrench into the mix that could potentially make this show interesting. I know that this current excitement might not last long, but for this week Twin Star Exorcists is in my top 5.
6. Joker Game, episodes 5-9 (Decent) - Not much has changed in the last month because this show remains to be about well crafted (for the most part) self-contained episodes about spies. There are semblances of a more concrete overarching narrative, but it is not there yet.
7. Mayoiga, episodes 6-9 (So-so) - I am not sure if I am starting to find good things in this show, or if I have gotten so used to the general mediocrity of this thing to the point of not really caring anymore. Whatever it is, I am ready for this show to end.