2. Parasyte, episodes 21-24 (Very good) - Ultimately Parasyte had a solid resolution. Things did not go exactly as I expected, but it managed to solve the major issues and give the main character a positive resolution. I had some doubts, but taking into account its qualities and flaws, I still consider Parasyte the best anime series of 2014.
3. CROSS ANGE, episodes 22-25 (Decent) - In the end the story and characters in CROSS ANGE more or less made sense. The ending was predictable, but it was needed to give the series more stability. This anime was fun and had nice eye candy, but it also was uncomfortable to watch at times. It had potential to do more with the premise, but the end result is okay.
4. Durarara!!x2, episodes 9-12 (Good) - I have not been happy with what this season has been doing lately, but its universe and eccentric characters kept me coming back for more in a weekly basis. Ultimately this first third serves as a set up for more craziness and potentially deep changes for a certain character. I am cool with these 12 episodes, and the break is most welcome.
5. SHIROBAKO, episodes 21-24 (Very good) - Shirobako delivered a strong conclusion and continued to exploit its best qualities. I am pleased that I came to appreciate this anime with every episode. I am also happy that a show like this was created and that the creators got it right. And I would like to see more Shirobako anime in the future.
6. Yuri Kuma Arashi, episodes 9-12 (Very good) - Despite adding unnecessary padding to the conclusion, which became apparent in episodes 8 and 9, the last episode and execution cemented the quality of this anime. Compared to 80% of all the anime Yuri Kuma Arashi is a stand out. But it pales in quality compared to the amazing Utena and Penguindrum.
7. Saekano, episodes 8-11 (Decent) - This anime kept up with its quality, and surprisingly the characters introduced in episode 7 had little to do with it. It took a while, but Saekano finally cemented its premise, and I bought it. It is too bad that we might not see other anime season that could potentially realize the creators' vision.
8. Yona of the Dawn, episodes 17-24 (Good) - This anime continued to be solid and had a noteworthy moment that made me consider putting it back in the top 7. Unfortunate for the big fans of this series, this season did not conclude the story, but I imagine a second anime season will be made.
9. Log Horizon 2, episodes 18-25 (Good) - At the end of the day this was another strong season of Log Horizon. The narrative significantly advance despite going about it in a sort of roundabout way. The ending sets the table for the next adventure, but there might not be more anime made.
10. Ace of Diamond, episodes 68-75 (Good) - After several enjoyable episodes, following the loss at the regional tournament, things began to get tedious for me. I like this anime and can enjoy it, but I am thankful that this long season is ending. I will take a break before watching season 2.