2. Snow White with the Red Hair, episodes 16-20 (Good) - Even though the material covered in these five episodes was better than the stuff from the previous four episodes, this second half of this show continues to be inferior than the first half. But that is okay because I keep being in love with this anime. But because this show is two cours long, I expect a strong and satisfying conclusion.
3. Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, episodes 5-8 (Good) - This show continues to be about characters' interactions and atmosphere. I am enjoying this anime so much that the lack of an actual story does not bother me. My big wish for the rest of the series is that things in the last episode end in a satisfying way because there might not be a second season of this show.
4. ERASED, episodes 5-8 (Good) - After a disappointing episode 5 things have bounced back. It is hard to quantify how good this anime is because the conclusion is going to be crucial to ultimately determine the overall quality of this show. There are some nice emotional rewards, but things remain tense. Still, I am cautiously optimistic that things will work out in the end.
5. Durarara!!x2, episodes 29-32 (Good) - I think it is fair to say that this second season of Durarara!! has displayed the most consistent quality during this stretch of episodes, and the conclusion will probably work out fine. That being said, I am not ready to be completely enthralled and enamored by this show again. I am liking this third arc, but I will make my final judgement in a month.
6. Dimension W, episodes 5-8 (Decent) - After a glimpse for a potential good and intriguing story in its first third, things have not gone too well for this show during this stretch of episodes. There is still potential for good stuff, but the producers are running out of time.
7. Gate, episodes 17-20 (Decent) - This show continues to be the very definition of decent; it is not bad, but it is not quiet good. These episodes offered some interesting elements in the Empire-JSDF conflict, but the execution could have been better. Only a great conclusion can propel this anime to Good.
8. Active Raid, episodes 5-8 (So-so) - I am not even sure what I think about this show. It keeps combining light character antics, otaku tropes and somewhat serious issues, but it has no clear direction yet.
9. Dagashi Kashi, episodes 5-8 (So-so) - By this point it is clear that this show will not have a story. The plus side is that the series is consistent and usually goofy, entertaining, weird and even sweet.
10. Myriad Colors Phantom World, episodes 5-8 (So-so) - These episodes have been better, and its visuals continue to be the highlight, but there is still no story, and the characters are not developed enough.