2. Snow White with the Red Hair, episodes 13-15 (Good) - The show has kept up with the consistent and strong character writing, and the emotions continue to run high. But I have been kind of disappointed with these three episodes probably because the narrative has not progressed as I expected it. Still, I will have faith in hoping that the show improves.
3. ERASED, episodes 1-4 (Good) - This show is doing a lot of good things in terms of narration and direction, but there is too much tension. I am pleased with having a competent work, but perhaps mysteries with such an emotional weight are not my cup of tea. I will probably continue to be invested and hope for a rewarding experience where the characters earn some happiness.
4. Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, episodes 1-4 (Good) - I was already liking the contemplative, leisurely pace of this show, accentuated by pleasing production values. But I wanted something dramatic to happen. And episode 4 delivered with the death of one of the main characters. I hope this event is the catalyst of better things to come for this promising show.
5. Gate, episodes 13-16 (Decent) - After a disappointing episode 15 I was ready to give up on this anime, but episode 16 managed to tie several loose ends. At this point Gate has reached a happy medium between behind the scenes machinations of the people from fantasy land, the issues of the JSDF/Japan and the adventures of Itami and his three girls. I hope for good things to come.
6. Dimension W, episodes 1-4 (Good) - After a decent first episode things did not look that great for this action/adventure, retro style show, but slowly but surely it is becoming better with each episode. The overarching narrative seems intriguing enough, and the main characters (especially the heroine) are likable and coming into their own.
7. Durarara!!x2, episodes 25-28 (Decent) - At this moment my relationship with this second season of Durarara!! is complicated. I have been pleased by some things but also disappointed by others. I am not sure what to expect from this show anymore, but it sure would be nice if the producers end the constant set up and moved towards a conclusion.
8. Dagashi Kashi, episodes 1-4 (Decent) - This show is supposed to be about obsessing over candy, but it is showing glimpses of a more ambitious premise. For the moment I am having a good time with its silliness and weird innocent playfulness.
9. Active Raid, episodes 1-4 (So-so) - I am kind of confused by this show. I expected it to be a silly show, but it seems to want to explore serious issues like national security. I suppose either formula is fine with me, but I need more clarity on its premise and execution.
10. Myriad Colors Phantom World, episodes 1-4 (Not really good) - This show has the bells and whistles typical in a Kyoto Animation production, but it has been very disappointing. The fanservice is attractive and sexy, but there is almost no story and meaningful characterization.