2. Your Lie in April, episodes 16-19 (Very good) - I became more impressed with this series in these last four episodes. These episodes might have been the strongest stretch of this show. I was worried that the introduction of a certain character might derail the positive moment, but I was wrong about that. I look forward to the series' finale.
3. Parasyte, episodes 17-20 (Very good) - This series continues to be steadily strong but is not spectacular anymore. These four episodes saw the departure of an important character, and the start of the final arc. At this point I am questioning if Parasyte is really the best anime series of 2014. It has four episodes to dispel or confirm my doubts.
4. Yuri Kuma Arashi, episodes 5-8 (Very good) - The show has continued to get better, adding more intrigue and revelations with each episode. I have an idea of what is the point of the story and where it might be going, but I would not mind being surprised by Ikuhara. I hope the last four episodes offer a worthy finale of this and past Ikuhara works.
5. CROSS ANGE, episodes 18-21 (So-so) - I suppose this anime has somewhat bounced back in these last four episodes. I was a bit surprised that I keep rolling my eyes at the titillating fanservice that surfaces from time to time. The good news is that all the elements needed for an exciting and good conclusion are in place.
6. SHIROBAKO, episodes 17-20 (Very good) - There is no much that I need to say about this show. The producers have a clear grasp on this series' premise of focusing on the small dramas of characters working in the production of anime. I am bumping its grade up because the show's high quality is undeniable. I expect a strong conclusion.
7. Saekano, episodes 4-7 (Decent) - I was ready to downgrade this show, but the introduction of two new characters in the latest episode has convinced me that they could spice things up and potentially improve this struggling anime. Beyond that, I do not have that many expectations. Not getting bored and/or frustrated is a positive.