2. Parasyte, episodes 1-4 (Very good) - Parasyte has quickly become in my eyes the undisputed candidate for best anime series of 2014. I know that 4 episodes or a sixth of the series is too soon to judge how this anime will turn out in the end. But the first four episodes had an appealing premise, well paced narrative and well developed characters.
3. Psycho-Pass 2, episodes 1-3 (Good) - One of the few things that bothered me from the very well made first season of Psycho-Pass is that it took several episodes of build up before a really neat and thought provoking instance was reached. Psycho-Pass 2 is doing the same, and because of that, is kind of hard to judge it. I am still giving it a positive grade because the series' material has been strong.
4. Argevollen, episodes 13-16 (Good) - The series continues to be solid, but things are beginning to get more intense and dangerous. I had hopes that the new cast addition was going to have a bigger impact, but I can wait for it. I feel that Argevollen is at a crucial juncture where it could either turn into a very good series or remain at its current quality.
5. Yona of the Dawn, episodes 1-4 (Good) - Episode 4 felt so short. I guess this means I am enjoying the show. I know that the set up is very important for a good story, but I want to see brave Yona already. I continue to see Yona of the Dawn as my surprise of the season because they characters are compelling, and the story could be good despite feeling cliched.
6. Your Lie in April, episodes 1-4 (Decent) - I am honestly not sure how to feel about this show. On the one hand, the premise is something I can really dig, especially if it has romantic aspects. But the writing can be so naive and over simplistic. How can characters go from being depressed to excited and full of life from one instant to another. I want this series to prove this pessimism wrong and become great and truly special.
7. Fate/stay night, episodes 0-4 (Very good) - Having watched the original stay night, I am very familiar with the story. But I am still very impressed by the animation and pleased with the direction and general execution. My ranking is this low because the original stay night was kind of dull. But apparently this new version will have different things. Hopefully those changes are for the better.